Western Rare Earths (WRE) is an exploration company focused on the development of its Rare Earth and Scandium assets, which have the potential to be some of the largest rare earth deposits in the United States.
Our mission is to supply Critical Materials for Renewable Energy, Green Tech, Electric Vehicles, National Security, and a Carbon-Reduced Future.
A safer, more sustainable planet as we provide cost-effective and environmentally responsible materials to the green tech supply chain for a carbon-reduced future. Leading the rare earths industry through efficient and sustainable processing solutions to help stabilize US national security supply chains.
Stage I (Complete)
- Created a portfolio of exploration projects in North America
- Built a diverse, experienced leadership team to manage our assets
- Undertaken field work to expand surface samples data and target new drilling locations
- Expanded claim control adding Bureau of Land Management tenements
- Completed Technical Reports at flagship project in 2020 (NI 43-101 & JORC 2012)
- Metallurgical test work undertaken toward the goal of establishing Rare Earth Elements (REE) composition and defining the highest efficiency processing flowsheet
- Defined, began permitting and contracted for a core drill campaign with the goal of potentially expanding the La Paz resource to double the depth plus establish a maiden Scandium resource
- Established project awareness with key stakeholders and Government agencies
- Secured strategic partnerships with leading National Research Institutions focused on REE processing
Stage II (By H2 2021+)
- Secure additional capital
- Advance the R&D of metallurgy (processing) to confirm cost-effective, scalable options
- Determine potential for maiden resource for Scandium at LPRE
- Continued development of project size, grade & processing efficiency
- Deliver a Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) for LPRE with a defined economic path to production in late 2021
- Build organizational capability with CFO and more technical expertise; mine planning;
- Begin permitting; optimize to Opportunity Zone + NMTC investors
- Complete acquisitions of Wyoming and Nevada projects
- Maiden Resource at Wyoming (Laramie REE project)
- Maiden Resource at Nevada (THOR REE project)
Stage III (2022+)
- Complete project Feasibility Studies for LPRE and establishment of production and processing pilot program.